While many were focused on the earthquake in Virginia yesterday, our little M5.2 -- and highly unusual -- earthquake in Colorado escaped notice. My son and niece felt it. I slept through it -- which I'm really bummed out about -- especially since it was one of the few times in my life I was actually sleeping. I'd just blogged about the importance of having an emergency supply kit, and that just drove home the necessity even more.
I want to thank three awesome people who have really inspired me! I had a mental block about blogging for the longest time, but it has finally been conquered. And the three who got me over that hurdle are Clarissa Draper, J.L. Campbell, and Alex J. Cavanaugh. So a HUGE Thank You to these three amazing bloggers!
Also a BIG thank you to Brent Wescott for becoming my 100th follower! Woo Hoo!
And I'd like to make you aware of a Labor Day Blogfest that Cynthia at Random Thoughts is hosting. Here's the link for more information on that:
I received a "Liebster" award from Ashley Nixon and Laila Knight recently. They're both lovely ladies, so if you aren't following them yet, or if you haven't met them, I hope you'll check out their blogs. Here are their links:
Here's my "Liebster" award.
"Liebster" means friend!
Many of you already know about this wonderful award. Now that I've received it, I get to share it with five people who have under 200 followers! Here are the rules:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet — other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the love.
Here are my picks!
1. http://randomthoughts-myblog.blogspot.com/ Cynthia
2. http://authorsincognito.blogspot.com/ C.K. Bryant at Authors Incognito
3. http://kylieblanche.blogspot.com/ - Kylie at Chasing Rabbits Through Orchards (love that title)
4. http://teachermoloneyking.com/ Michelle
5. http://shanonawriter.blogspot.com/ Shanon
These are some great blogs, so I hope you'll check them out. There's a lot of talent in these people! :) Follow them and see what I mean!
I'd also like to thank all the wonderful people who have decided to follow this blog. I'm really grateful to each and every one of you!
And finally, Alex is hosting another blog hop! Yay! I love these! (I took the code off my site because it was really hanging up my blog.) Here's the link to his site if you want to participate in it or his Insecure Writers Support Group: